We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai by Bike
Be the envy of all of your friends as you witness the wide array of Thailand’s tantalising landscapes on this action-packed cycling adventure of a lifetime. Observe the beauty of cascading waterfalls, follow in the tracks of elephants through forests, ride the roads of (and possibly meet) the highland peoples, stand in awe in spiritual caves, and finally, marvel at the astounding beauty of the White Temple in Chiang Rai, capping off an epic trip.
- CategoryCultural & Historical
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration4 days
- Culture LevelAdventurous
- Skill Level2 - Novice
- Activity Level2 - Moderate
- Elevation1 - Easy
- Distance90.1 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance22.4 miles
How many days is the tour?
You have 4 days and 3 nights of fun on this tour. All of which will be spent on the bike.
Where does the tour start and finish?
The tour starts with a hotel pick up from your Chiang Mai hotel at 8:00am. Chiang Mai can be accessed through Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX).
The tour will end by 5:30pm in Chiang Rai. The tour operator can drop you off at your Chiang Rai city hotel or at the Mae Fah Luang International Airport (CEI).
How many riders will be in the group? And what is the minimum age to join?
We can't say for certain how many will be joining. However to keep the tour personal the maximum number of participants is 16 and minimum is 2.
Minimum age to join is 0.
Can you describe the tour?
You will ride on small local roads with little traffic and some short off-road sections. The terrain is undulating with no major climbs, but just in case, the support vehicle is always close by. This tour is suitable for anyone with biking experience. The trip is fully supported and your guide’s expert knowledge of the area and terrain means that you always know what is coming up in terms of distance and difficulty. This makes a tremendous difference, as does the constant supply of cold drinks and fresh fruit.
Suitability: This tour is suitable for riders with biking experience. You can expect a fairly gentle ride each day with none of the distances being overly long. There are a few small hills, but these can be tackled by anyone with even a moderate amount of fitness. The emphasis on this tour is Thailand’s scenery off the beaten track.
Biking Conditions: This trip is a mixture of wide, hard-packed dirt trails, single tracks and smooth tarmac. An air-conditioned bus travels behind the group to provide support, and participants can cycle as much or as little as they like and still enjoy the same views as the rest of the group
Are bike hires available?
Yes, bike hire is included in the tour. The bikes are well-known makes of hybrid or mountain bikes (depending on the tour) with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed gearing, v-brakes and Shimano components and front suspension.
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travellers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologise for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.