We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Tour de France 2018 Alps and Mont Ventoux Cycling Tour
Seize your chance, grab your bike and cycle through the Alps and tackle parts of the Tour de France 2018 route before the pros put their wheels to the ground. This is no ordinary biking tour; it is a high-class cycling experience of a lifetime. We combine the beauty of the Alps, legendary climbs, and the exclusive opportunity to observe two stages of the 2018 Tour.
- CategoryRoad Cycling
- Duration8 days
- Culture LevelFamiliar
- Skill Level3 - Intermediate
- Activity Level4 - Challenging
- Elevation5 - Tough
- Distance411.3 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance59 miles
Fancy yourself as a rider in the Tour de France? Now is your chance to live what the pros go through mere hours before they take on the 2018 route as you cycle through the majestic and rugged French Alps.
Of course, such a challenging route wouldn’t be complete without witnessing potential sporting history, so time has been set aside to watch the finish of Stage 10 and the climb to the top of Alpe d’Huez. Hopefully by this time the heat will be on in the battle for the Yellow Jersey, but first let’s focus on your own journey.
The eight-day tour begins with a picnic lunch and warm up ride, in which you will climb Col des Saises and Montee de Bisanne. Prior to your warm up, professional mechanics will take the time to ensure your bike is in full working order for the hilly roads that lie ahead. This is a light beginning before the real action that follows in the days ahead. There are challenging and stunning climbs aplenty at the likes of the infamous Mont Ventoux, Col de la Madeleine and Col du Galibier.
Days three and five bring your opportunities to witness the Tour de France 2018 in full as you ride the Col de Romme, Col de la Colombiere and Alpe d’Huez before the pros come flying through. We round off this incredible experience with two more days of riding, tackling further legendary Tour climbs such as Col de Galibier and the breath-taking Mont Ventoux. It is the perfect way to cap off a historic trip through the Alps and along the Tour de France route that will live forever more in your memory.
Non-riders and family members are also welcome to join this exciting trip.
Tour inclusions and exclusions at a glance:
What's included?Items included in the cost of the tour
A high-class level of comfort and support that's carefully considered is provided to make you feel just like a pro rider.
- All breakfasts
- Photos of your tour
- LIVE Stage 10 finish in Le Grand-Bornand
- LIVE Stage 12 at Alpe d'Huez in a Private Race-Viewing Hospitality Area
- All accommodation fees for selected hotels (double occupancy)
- Two picnic lunches
- All dinners (except one to let you explore the local restaurants)
- All transfers from/to the airport and all ground transportation
- All luggage transportation
- On-road snacks & sports nutrition
- Ride leader (the founder personally) + SAG van
- Services of our professional English speaking staff
- Welcome pack including maps of the tour and cycling jersey
- Pre-tour holiday preparation advice
What's not included?Items not included in the cost of the tour
To make your life easier there are few exclusions on this tour.
- Travel and personal insurance (recommended)
- Additional personal expenses, i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, drinks, gratuities, laundry, coffee stops
- Rental bike (available for an additional fee)