We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Myanmar Heritage by Bicycle
Myanmar’s rich legacy in historical temples is balanced out by its gorgeous natural sights which makes for the perfect cycling environment. Saddle up, pop on your helmet and roll out on two wheels to bask in glorious sunsets, visit the Bagan Plains and dip into the delicious cuisine that makes this country an absolute must visit.
- CategoryCultural & Historical
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration7 days
- Culture LevelAdventurous
- Skill Level2 - Novice
- Activity Level2 - Moderate
- Elevation2 - Moderate
- Distance145.4 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance29.2 miles
How many days is the tour?
You have 7 days and 6 nights of fun on this tour. 5 of which will be spent on the bike.
Where does the tour start and finish?
The tour starts at Mandalay Hill Resort which will also be your accommodation for the first two days. It can be reached by flying in through Mandalay International Airport (MDL).
On the morning of the last day, you will take a domestic flight from Nyaung U Airport to Yangon. There will be some sightseeing in Yangon before heading to the Yangon International Airport (RGN) for your onward destination.
How many riders will be in the group? And what is the minimum age to join?
We can't say for certain how many will be joining. However to keep the tour personal the maximum number of participants is 16 and minimum is 2.
Minimum age to join is 18 years old
Can you decribe the tour?
This is a touring trip which will take you the heart of the country. You'll ride 234 km on country lanes and quiet roads. There is little traffic, which makes for excellent bicycle touring. The first few days riding are on gentle rolling hills and through rice fields, ancient cities, and scenic countryside. Passing through many villages, you will find the people curious, friendly, and polite. The road will be shared with ox carts, cyclists, and waving children. There is an unbelievable amount to see throughout the tour, and there will be frequent stops to view temples, rural scenes (especially if riding during rice harvest), and villages.
Suitability: This trip is a touring bike journey and suitable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. A support truck is always available to help when required. Inexperienced riders and even non-riding partners can be catered for and are more than welcome to join this tour.
Biking Conditions: This tour covers around 234 km in 4 full cycling days and 1 half day. The roads can vary from being in quite good condition to broken tarmac, to vehicle-wide dirt trails. There is no technical riding on this trip, and the distances have been kept low to allow for plenty of time to visit sites and learn about the local culture.
Are bikes included?
Included in the tour are Trek mountain bikes with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed gearing, disc/v-brakes, and Shimano components and front suspension. If you bring your own bike, please make sure it is a mountain bike, preferably with front suspension, in good mechanical order.
Helmets are also provided.
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travelers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologize for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.