We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Tour de France 2018 Pyrenees Cycling Tour
Summon your inner Bradley Wiggins and get an exclusive taste of the Tour de France 2018 by riding key segments of the route before the pros. This is a one-in-a-million high-class cycling experience as you ride through the stunning Pyrenees and tackle legendary Tour climbs. You will also get to witness history in the making as you observe Stage 17 and Stage 19.
- CategoryRoad Cycling
- DestinationThe Pyrenees
- Duration6 days
- Culture LevelFamiliar
- Skill Level3 - Intermediate
- Activity Level5 - Tough
- Elevation4 - Challenging
- Distance224.3 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance44.7 miles
Enjoy your own two-wheeled feel of history-in-the-making by joining this tour and cycle key segments of the Tour de France 2018 route mere hours before the pros take to the road.
This is the kind of a ride that will make your dreams of winning the Yellow Jersey seem just one turn of the wheels closer as we take you on a historic six-day ride that includes infamous climbs in the Pyrenees such as Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque and many more.
The riding party is limited to just seven so it retains that special feel, alongside your experienced guides and the tour’s founder, who will join you for the duration of the tour. Of course, no tour would be complete without the chance to watch the Tour de France 2018, but more on that later. First let’s get riding.
Having breathed in the beautiful scenery on your arrival day in Toulouse, the second day will instantly challenge you with a climb on Col de Peyresourde. Spectacular views will greet you after gaining an elevation of 3,704 meters (10,085 ft).
Another day brings another legendary climb with the Col du Tourmalet – a veteran of the Tour having appeared 81 times. Now is your chance to make history and take it on, but don’t worry; coffee will be waiting for you once you’ve completed it.
Day three and five lets you witness the Tour live. Having climbed Col d’Aubisque, you can kick back in the exclusive viewing area and enjoy a picnic as the pros take on Stage 19. It is moments like this that make for a one in a million high-class cycling experience.
We want you to feel just like a pro rider, so we provide a high-class level of comfort and support that is carefully considered.
- All transfers from/to the airport and all ground transportation
- All luggage and bike transportation
- All accommodation fees for selected hotels (double occupancy)
- SAG van during every ride
- Mechanic assistance
- Photos of your tour
- We welcome non-riders and family members of riders
- Welcome pack including the maps for the tour and a custom design s/s cycling jersey
- All breakfasts and dinners (except one dinner, to let you explore the local restaurants)
- On-road snacks & sports nutrition
- Ride leader (the founder personally) + SAG van
- Two picnic lunches
We aim to make your life easy on this tour so there are few exclusions.
- Travel and personal insurance (recommended)
- Additional personal expenses, i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, drinks, gratuities, laundry, coffee stops
- Rental bike (available for an additional fee)
- Lunches (however two picnic lunches and on-road snacks are included)