We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Cycling Vietnam's Central Coast
Seize every moment on this adventure full of sandy coastlines, picturesque rice paddy fields and ever-welcoming local people. You'll traverse challenging mountains but will always be rewarded with dreamy views and brisk downhill rides. You will have a lot of time to go sight-seeing, especially in the well-preserved town of Hoi An. At the end of it all you can hide away from civilization in a paradise named Whale Island.
- CategoryCultural & Historical
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration10 days
- Culture LevelOut There
- Skill Level2 - Novice
- Activity Level2 - Moderate
- Elevation2 - Moderate
- Distance269.1 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance36.7 miles
How long is the tour? How many days riding?
This tour is 10 days long, with 8 riding days.
How many riders will be in the group?
Groups can be from 2 to 16. For groups of 9 or more a second guide joins the tour.
Is there a minimum age for this tour?
Yes. Riders must be 18 years old by the time the tour starts.
Can I rent a bike for the tour?
Yes. Well-known makes of mountain bikes are available. The bikes are equipped with lightweight alloy frames, 24 - 27 speed gearing, v-brakes and Shimano components and front suspension.
Electric bikes or e-bikes are also available and come in 2 sizes: Small (155-170 cm) and Medium (171 - 180 cm). The e-bikes are from the brand Giant and are equipped with SHIMANO Alivio, 9 speeds, disc brakes and an adjustable suspension fork.
What's the tour like?
This biking adventure takes you from Hue to Nha Trang by bus, boat, and bike. Lots of time on this tour is spent sight-seeing and exploring Vietnam. The cycling is on a mixture of well-surfaced roads and good quality, wide dirt tracks. Away from the main roads, cycling in Vietnam is often a wonderful experience. The bicycle is still the most common form of transport and you will share the road with girls in flowing ao dais, school children, and farmers.
The rest days are at the end of this tour where you'll have time to relax at Whale Island before heading to Nha Trang for onward connections. By the end of the tour, you'll hopefully come to know and perhaps even understand Vietnam and the Vietnamese.
Suitability: This trip is suitable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. This trip is not too arduous; riders with less experience are more than welcome, although the fitter you are, the more you will enjoy it.
Biking Conditions: This trip is mainly on good quality tarmac roads and some vehicle-width dirt roads. Day 4 has an off-road trail (can be rocky), but an easier alternative is available if required. An air-conditioned support bus travels behind the group. On the occasions when it is impossible for the bus to follow, the guide follows behind on a motorcycle. Participants can cycle as much or as little as they like and still enjoy the same views as the rest of the group.
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travellers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologise for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.