We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Saigon to Bangkok by Bicycle
Send your tires sliding through three of Southeast Asia’s sensational countries – Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Enjoy these diverse and magnificent lands from the unique vantage point of your bike as we ride along the Mekong Delta, take in the wondrous history of Angkor Wat, kick back on the beach, and, of course sample some of the finest food in the world.
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration14 days
- Culture LevelAdventurous
- Skill Level3 - Intermediate
- Activity Level3 - Active
- Elevation2 - Moderate
- Distance377.2 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance37.9 miles
Where does the tour start and end?
The tour starts by meeting up at the Northern Hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. You can fly in through Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) if coming from overseas.
On the final day, you can enjoy a last dip at the beach in Laem Mae Phim before transferring back to Bangkok (approximately 3 hours). Estimated time of arrival will be 3:00pm. The closest international airport is Suvarnnabhumi Airport (BKK).
What countries will be visited?
Days 1 - 4 will be in Vietnam, days 5 - 11 in Cambodia and the remainder will be in Thailand.
How many riders will be in the group and what is the minimum age?
We can't say for certain how many will be joining. However to keep the tour personal the maximum number of participants is 16 and minimum is 2.
Minimum age to join is 18 years old.
How many days is the tour?
You have 14 days and 13 nights of fun on this tour. 10 of which will be spent on the bike.
Can you describe the trip?
The road surfaces on this tour are mixed. You'll ride a combination of good quality tarmac, wide dirt tracks, and broken roads that are sometimes badly potholed but easily navigable by bike. The terrain is predominantly flat. Only on a few days will you cover longer distances (90-95 km), so experienced riders will find the distances long enough to challenge them, while less experienced riders are easily able to travel at a more relaxed pace.
On this trip, there is a lot to see as you ride alongside rivers, villages, orchards, and rice fields. There are three days when you'll travel by boat, adding variety and a chance for weary legs to recover.
Suitability: This trip is suitable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. This trip is not too arduous, and so riders with less experience are more than welcome, although the fitter you are, the more you will enjoy it.
Biking Conditions: This tour follows a mixture of good condition tarmac road to pot-holed or broken ones and vehicle-width dirt paths. No off-road riding experience required. A support truck is almost always available to help when required, except on some parts of the very narrow paths of the Vietnam Delta. But you will always have your guides with you at all times.
Are helmets required?
A helmet is required to be worn on all biking activities and is non-negotiable. If you do not wear a helmet you won't be allowed to cycle.
Am I safe?
The tour leader is trained in first aid and emergency rescue. But to a large degree, riders must be responsible for their own safety during the tour. It is therefore compulsory that you take out travel insurance that will cover you for a cycling tour.
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travellers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologise for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.