We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Tour de South Australia Vineyards
This unique tour explores the famous Barossa, Clare Valley and equally impressive McLaren Vale wine regions via the seat of a bike. Fun, off-road cycling, beautiful scenery, iconic wine and sumptuous food all combine on this ultimate gourmet exploration. Biking on easy, safe and well laid off-road paths, you'll discover the incredible food and wine of South Australia on this fantastic cycling tour. Enjoy visiting world-class cellar doors for wine tastings; experience the Riesling Trail in the Clare Valley, and the Coast to Vines Rail Trail in McLaren Vale; savour the best of this gourmet region of Australia.
- CategoryEasy-going & Leisurely
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration6 days
- Culture LevelFamiliar
- Skill Level1 - Beginner
- Activity Level1 - Easy
- Elevation1 - Easy
- Distance83.9 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance21 miles
Where does the tour start and end?
The tour starts and ends in Adelaide, fly in and out of Adelaide Airport (ADL). The tour operator will provide transfers to/from your hotel.
How long is the tour? How many days riding?
The tour is 6 days long with 4 days cycling.
What's the tour like?
The cycling on this tour is relatively easy and could be completed by even a novice rider. With a guide on hand and a support vehicle never far away, it really is very accessible for all abilities. The tour takes place via a fantastic network of cycling trails that make cycling safe, fun and relatively easy for all.
Is a bike included?
Hybrid bikes (either Trek or Giant) are available to rent for this tour. You can bring your own bike if you wish by prior arrangement.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, 18 is the minimum age for the tour.
If I'm travelling on my own, do I have to pay more?
If you wish to have your own room or are travelling alone then a single supplement is payable.
Are there any group discounts?
For groups of 6 or more, booking altogether, there is a small discount given per person. The discount is applied when 6 or more riders book together online.
Are helmets required?
A helmet is required to be worn on all biking activities and is non-negotiable. If you do not wear a helmet you won't be allowed to cycle.
The tour operator does have helmets available to hire but if you have your own this is preferable so that you are comfortable with a well-fitted helmet.
Please read here for a message from the tour operator regarding COVID-19
Tour de Vines is open and operating tours in regions and states where travel restrictions allow.
We are able to host you on a tour depending on the tour region and where you live. See the guidelines below for intra and interstate travel restrictions.
Tour de Vines is an accredited COVID Safe Tour operator.
Tour de Vines has taken the following steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff and staff at the places and venues we visit
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Comply with all venue (eg restaurants) guidelines at all times
- Provide compliant and new face masks for each and every guest and all staff
- Provide a personal hand sanitiser to each and every guest
- Clean and sanitise all equipment before and after each use
Revised Terms & Conditions
COVID Update: For any new bookings from the 1st June 2020, if government imposed travel restrictions are still in place at the time of your scheduled tour with Tour de Vines:
1. The choice of a full refund will be made available or a tour credit without any fees or costs will be applied to reschedule for a later date, or rebook onto any other tour where restrictions may not apply. There is no expiry on your credit and the credit can be used on any tour in any destination.
2. A deposit of $100 (normally $200 for Aus and $400 for international) is required to secure a booking for all tours (except day tours which will still require payment in full noting the above term still applies).
3. Balance of payment is not due until 30 days (normally 60 days) before the tour starts, or your confirmed itinerary has been issued, whichever is the later.
Travel Restrictions Information
See the links below to each relevant State or Territory website outlining updated rules and processes depending on where you are travelling from and to. Please note these are guidelines online, and whilst updated regularly please check your local authority before booking a cycling tour with us.
- Inbound non essential international visitors are not permitted.
- There is a ban on all overseas travel, with few exceptions.
- Discussions are currently being held for travel to and from New Zealand but no offical announcement has been made.
- Any changes to the rules below assume adherence to safe distancing and hygiene practices throughout.
Read more and stay up to date on the Victoria Department of Health Services website.
New South Wales
Stay up to date here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel-and-transport-advice
Check the Queensland government website for all updates on travel restrictions: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
Go to the SA Government website for COVID recovery for more.
The Northern Territory
You will have to quarantine if you have been in a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the 14 days before you arrive in the Territory.
Stay up to date here: https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-travel-advice
Stay up to Date
Visit the offical Federal Government website to stay up to date on all current travel restrictions for both Australian inbound and outbound and for links to each of the states respective policies.