We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Countryside Bike and Kayak
Roam through rural Phuket on a short half-day tour that will promptly knock on the head any notion you might hold of this fabled party island being a one trick pony. The richness and diversity of this stunningly beautiful island is enhanced and thoroughly delved into on this mini joyride, coupled with some peaceful and adventurous kayaking, probing further into the heart and soul of this vibrant and natural wonderland.
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration1 day
- Culture LevelAdventurous
- Skill Level1 - Beginner
- Activity Level1 - Easy
- Elevation2 - Moderate
- Distance11.2 miles
How long is the tour?
The tour is half a day long.
How many riders will be in the group?
Groups can be from 2 to 16. For groups of 9 or more a second guide joins the tour.
Is there a minimum age for this tour?
Yes. Riders must be 12 years old by the time the tour starts.
Can I rent a bike for the tour?
Yes. Name brand mountain bikes, equipped specifically for this tour, are included in the tour price. E-bikes are available for an additional cost.
What's the tour like?
You will mostly ride on paved country roads, with occasional dirt tracks as you're cutting through farms and some sections on the main road. This is an active 18 km (11 mi) ride with some undulations and short hills to tackle.
Are helmets required?
A helmet is required to be worn on all biking activities and is non-negotiable. If you do not wear a helmet you won't be allowed to cycle.
Am I safe?
The tour leader is trained in first aid and emergency rescue. But to a large degree, riders must be responsible for their own safety during the tour. It is therefore compulsory that you take out travel insurance that will cover you for a cycling tour.
Where does the tour start and end?
You will be collected from your hotel in Phuket and dropped off there after the tour ends.
There is a free transfer from hotels located at Chalong, Rawai, Nai Harn, Kata, Karon, Patong, Phuket Town, Kamala, Surin, Bang Tao, Layan & Laguna. All other areas additional transport charges apply.
You can fly in/out of Phuket International Airport (HKT).
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travelers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologize for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.