We deal directly with each tour operator, which means we can guarantee you the best price. If within 24 hours of your booking you find the exact same tour elsewhere for a lower price, let us know and we'll refund you the difference!
Road Biking from Saigon to Angkor
Hop aboard your road bike and glide through the glorious backdrops of both Vietnam and Cambodia on this spectacular journey of a lifetime. Marvel at the jaw dropping beauty of Angkor Wat, delve into the dark and fascinating history of Vietnam, kick back on beaches and explore fine hilltop cities. Along the way, enjoy the encouragement and welcoming approach of locals as you tackle this superb bicycle adventure.
- CategoryRoad Cycling
- TypeFully Guided
- Duration13 days
- Culture LevelAdventurous
- Skill Level3 - Intermediate
- Activity Level4 - Challenging
- Elevation3 - Intermediate
- Distance674.8 miles
- Avg. Daily Distance68.4 miles
How many days is the tour?
You have 13 days and 12 nights of fun on this tour, 10 of which will be spent on the bike.
Where does the tour start and finish?
The Grand Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City is the starting point of the tour, beginning at 3:00pm. There will be a city tour to kick things off. Ho Chi Minh City can be accessed via Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN).
The tour ends in Siem Reap where your can take in local activities in the morning and then jet off in the afternoon. The tour operator can provide transfers to Siem Reap International Airport (REP).
How many riders will be in the group? Is there a minimum age to join this tour?
We can't say for certain how many will be joining; keeping the tour personal, there are never more than 16 participants. This tour runs with as few as 2.
The minimum age to participate is 18 years old.
Can you describe the tour?
The tour is 100% on road, and the route was designed with road bikers in mind. You'll start cycling on Vietnam's coast with a flat warm-up ride to get used to your bikes, then the riding begins in earnest. The toughest day will be early, with a 2,641-m climb on Day 3. It's downhill after that and then flat once you enter Cambodia.
The total distance is 1,096 km in 10 cycling days on smooth tarmac roads. The trip is fully supported, and your guide’s expert knowledge of the area and terrain means that you always know what is coming up in terms of distance and difficulty. This makes a tremendous difference, as does the constant supply of cold drinks, ice, and fresh fruit.
Suitability: This is a tour for cyclists possessing a moderate to high level of physical fitness. Fitness will be a huge asset on those long days and on the climb to Dalat. The tour is fully supported, and the bus is always close at hand for those that find the riding too difficult.
Biking Conditions: You'll ride between 30 km and 160 km a day. The roads are 100% tarmac and overall in good condition, but there can be short, rough, potholed sections. You can slow down through these and ride carefully.
Are bike hires available?
Yes, you can hire bikes locally. The bikes are Trek road bikes with Shimano components. If you bring your own bike, please make sure it is a road bike and that it is in good mechanical order.
Please see a message from the tour operator about policies relating to COVID-19
Updated: July 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and with many international borders remaining closed for an extended period, Spiceroads has decided to suspend the majority of tours until at least 30 October 2020.
While this is extremely disappointing for all of us, the safety and security of our travelers, along with that of our staff and partners, has always been the most important factor.
If you were booked on a tour that has been suspended due to the pandemic, you will automatically receive a credit of 100% of monies paid (of your deposit or full payment) which can be redeemed as follows:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date before 30 September 2022.
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on any future departure before 30 September 2022.
We apologize for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will understand and support us during this unprecedented crisis. Spiceroads is a small company with a big heart and we are doing everything we can to work through this crisis and plan to start operating tours again as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times and are communicating with everyone booked on the impacted tours.
If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 1 November 2020, there are currently no changes to your trip, and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is affected.
If you want to cancel your booking, you can receive a credit for the amount paid to use on a new tour with a departure date before 30 September 2022.
For new bookings please see our flexible booking conditions below:
Terms & Conditions:
- We require a deposit (as listed on the individual tour pages) or full payment to reserve a place for you on a tour.
- In the event that we are unable to operate the tour, this deposit will be transferred to another tour at your discretion or held as a credit for use anytime until 30th September 2022.
- The balance of the tour’s cost (final invoice) must be paid 45 days before the departure date with fees for any bicycle rental(s), single supplement(s) and extra hotel nights.
- In the case where a booking is made when there are less than 45 days until the tour departure date, the tour’s cost must be paid in full within 48 hours of receiving an invoice from SpiceRoads.
- In all cases, tour fees must be paid “in full” before participation in a tour. No person(s) will be allowed to join a tour without fully settling their invoice and receiving a confirmation number from SpiceRoads.
- Some last-minute miscellaneous fees (visas, additional local hotel bookings, etc.) can be settled on the day of arrival.
Flexible Booking Policy
- This policy allows for multiple changes to the departure date.
- The change will only be approved if it is requested by the client in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days before the departure date.
- In the event the change request is moving to a different tour, then a price adjustment may need to be applied and your tour consultant will advise on what this will be.
- Deposit terms are 30% on booking or US$500 whichever is the greater.
- Any cancellation without rescheduling forfeits the deposit paid, until 45 days, at which time it is 70%, until 15 days at which time it is 100%.
Are helmets included when hiring a bike?
Yes, if you're hiring a bike from the operator, a complimentary helmet is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.